Wednesday, October 15, 2008

my little expedition

So it's been a little while since i've posted anything. originally i wanted to post something every week but that obviously has yet to happen. maybe soon it will :) that's not exactly the point of the tittle but i guess it kind of goes along fairly well. What I'm about to tell you didn't seem related to me at first but when i started thinking about it more it fit together like a puzzle. let me get to the point.

i just got 2 new jobs. one is at a daycare working in with 4 year olds. the other is at the music and movie store FYE. i worked there for a year before i moved to edmond, and since the location was in Moore or OKC or wherever that is i obviously couldn't afford to drive down and pay rent and bills and blah blah blah. so anyways, i got a job at the NorthWest Expressway location. the 2nd day i worked, i was looking through tons of used cds. amongst them were a few Bob Dylan cds that i don't own yet and i saw the song "Meet Me in the Morning." which i had stuck in my head earlier that week and i thought "hey! i should buy that cd! i really like that song." but somehow i lost it in the shuffle of all the other cds i was working with. i searched for hours trying to find that cd so i could buy it. finally, towards the end of the night, i found it! and low and behold, it was blood on the tracks. i freaking have that cd! how awful is it that i don't even know which songs i have on a cd i've owned for months.

then later on in the week, i'm driving home listening to my ipod on shuffle (the greatest thing to ever happen to music in my opinion) and a song i'd never heard before came on. yet again, it was on a cd i've had for who knows how long! so then and there i decided i would take upon myself a little expedition.

i am going to listen to all of the albums on my ipod fully. from start to finish. some of the albums i just have the two or three songs i know, so i'm going to either put the rest of the album on there, or listen to the rest of the songs i apperently had no idea existed. i'm starting with the A's and i'm in the middle of the B's i think. so far most of the albums i've heard a million times through, but there has been a few that i've had since about a year that i've yet to hear all the way through. how ridiculus is that? i feel ashamed that i call myself a music lover and don't even listen to my cds! haha. i'm thinking this should take at least a month or so, if i'm diligent (which i'm not normally, but this means a little bit more to me than most things) hopefully i'll remember to keep you updated ;)

1 comment:

Mixtape Jones said...

Hooray for a new Kylie blog!! I've been waiting...

Yeah, it's quite an undertaking you've embarked upon. I could do such a thing, but I find that it betrays the reason why I listen to music in the first place: to find things that impact my being as much as possible in the moment. Sometimes that can happen from just hearing something randomly or through deliberately listening to things I'm not familiar with, but sometimes I just need the consoling loveliness of some of my favorite music. It's tough for me to stick with a rigid project like that for long.

I hope you're enjoying the Expressway store. I'll be by soon to visit...Hopefully I'll see you.